Saturday, January 19, 2008

Class #11 Homework

This week's homework is to read an article from the Japan Times and give your opinion. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/member/member.html?ek20060110ks.htm

Do you agree or disagree with the author (who is Japanese). Please explain why in your blog.

>I agree with the author.
I can see easily that Japanese male ( maybe not only Japanese male but also foreign male) hesitate to get close, get committed and become that most coveted of conditions. I am female, so I can not understand completely or at all what male think about having a relationship. However, it seems like little bit weird for me. I think they like to hang out with female. but they do not want to involve in having a serious relationship? I have heard that American male does not want their girlfriend to ask 'Where are we? Where does this relationship go?' ( from American drama"FRIENDS") I think female want to have a step up with their relationship. On the other hand, male does not. They like to spend time together but... they do not understand why female wants to step up.
Out-of-love epidemic
>
What was the guy thinking?
Female does not understand what male thinking. As the same way, male does not understand what female thinking. I can agree male act lile girls these days. I am wondering what makes them changed and how they acted before. Be more men. Now I am thinking what kind of act is men and what kind of act is female... I also agree with male value their privacy and live for jobs and hobbies. Even their girlfriend can not allowed to get in male's own personal space.
Heavy burden
>I have heard 'omoi'
as marriage and child-rearing from tv drama and my friends. and the guy ended their relationship. Marriage is a big event and makes changing male's life but also change female's life. Male only think about themself and I think male who say like that has no responsibility and selfish. And maybe the guy does not love the woman so much. They will be alone forever.

I agreed with this author and wrote my opinions about this. However, I believe all males are not like this. Some of them are, but some of them are not. It is depend on people what they think about a relationship.

2 comments:

shannon said...

Hi,baby pink;)
I don't know why some guys doesn't want to spend time with their girlfriends surely. Maybe thier hobby is job, i think and they prefer getting high position at a company to spending time their girlfriends.

baby pink said...

hi, shannon
thank you for your comment.